Postcards from the North & South 2015 will be a collaborative print exchange between the PressNorth Printmakers in Townsville, North Queensland, Firestation Print Studio in Armadale, Victoria and Tsubata Printmakers group in Tsubata, Japan. This is the third incarnation of this simultaneous exhibition of postcard sized prints demonstrating the vast array of techniques in the printmaking profession.
The postcard committee will package and send one print of each entrants work to Firestation Print Studio and Cork Printmakers. They do this vice-versa as well and then we will exhibit their artworks alongside ours in concurrent exhibitions at the Firestation Gallery & Tsubata Cultural Hall.
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- Each participant needs to supply a postcard print in an edition of 3.
- Artworks have to be executed by the artist after 1 January 2015 and be orginal work of the entrant and must not infringe copyright. One entry per artist only.
- Entries forms close: Sunday 14 June 2015
- Medium: Any printmaking medium is accepted (photography excluded)
- Size: Postcard size is 10cm H x 15cm W (unframed). All works should be clearly labelled on the reverse with name of artist, title of work and contact phone number.
- Entry fee: A non refundable fee of $10.00 is payable to PressNorth Printmakers on application of entry form (This cost is to fund project expenses such as postal costs to Victoria and Ireland). Payments can be made electronically to: ANZ – PressNorth Printmakers |BSB: 014592 | ACC: 381289919. Ensure your full name and ‘postcard’ is listed as the transaction reference. You can also organise to pay cash to the current Treasurer in person.
- All participants are required to be financial members of PressNorth Printmakers. Click this link to join online today.
- Delivery of Prints: Sunday 26 July to Umbrella Studio downstairs, Rhonda Stevens. Please make arrangements with Rhonda if you are unable to deliver your works at this time.
- Sale of Artworks: It is a condition of entry that all works must be for sale. Perc Tucker Regional Gallery will take a 30% commission on sold artworks.
- All care will be taken of works, although PressNorth Printmakers will not be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage to artworks. Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
- All works will be photographed for promotional purposes.
- Copyright remains with the artist.
Please note: You can fill out the Artwork details such as Title, Medium,Price and Artist Statement later once your work has been completed.